Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious recipe that is also low carb, Keto and gluten-free. Made with zucchini instead of pasta, and loaded with vegetables, which is also healthier than traditional lasagna. This is an easy recipe to make and it can be assembled is less than 30 minutes. Great for friends and family, and even kids will enjoy this version.
You can even modify the recipe by serving Meatball Zucchini Boats. We also like using zucchini in desserts, and we have the perfect Blueberry Zucchini Poke Cake for dessert lovers and this Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
- 5-6 medium zucchini (sliced into 1/8 inch thick long slices)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (grated)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese ((about 2 cups) shredded )
- 8 oz Pepper Jack cheese ((about 2 cups) shredded )
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup marinara sauce.
Cooking the Zucchini:
- If you have time, to remove the moisture from the zucchini it is best to pre-cook them, before using in the lasagna.
- Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil and either grill them (grilling pan works too), or arrange them on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the oven at 425F for 12-14 minutes.
- Once cooked, place on paper towels to remove any remaining moisture.
Cooking the Beef Mixture:
- Place a large skilled over medium-high heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic, using a wooden spoon, stir and cook for one minute. Push the onion to one side of the pan and add the beef.
- Let the beef brown a bit and start breaking it with the wooded spoon. Combine with the onion and garlic and cook until no longer pink. Drain any accumulated grease.
- Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stir and cook until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare Cheese Mixture:
- In a large bowl combine: ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, egg, dried basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until fully combined. The mixture will the thick, that is ok, as the zucchini has enough moisture, and we don't want to make it more watery.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture on the bottom and add one layer zucchini to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the remaining cheese mixture, then top with 1/2 of the meat mixture.
- Add another layer of zucchini, top with the all remaining cheese mixture, followed by the beef mixture. Add the final layer of zucchini, top with 1 cup of marinara sauce and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover with foil, so it doesn't touch the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes. If needed, broil at the end to make the cheese golden-brown.
- Remove from oven and let the lasagna rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
source article : https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/zucchini-lasagna/
4/ 5Oleh SJ Mulyo